The Higher Technical School of Industrial Engineers of Madrid held the 1st Forum on Waste Energy Use on 21 November, which was organised by FENERCOM and involved the following figures:
- Director General of the Natural Environment and Environmental Assessment and Quality of the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, Food, and the Environment (MAPAMA, for its Spanish original), Francisco Javier Cachón de Mena, in representation of the Secretary of State for the Environment, María García Rodríguez, inaugurated the event.
- The Minister of Employment and Finance for the Community of Madrid, Engracia Hidalgo Tena.
- President of the Commission on Agriculture, Food, and the Environment for the Congress of Deputies, José Ignacio Llorens Torres.
- Ex-General Coordinator of the Environmental Department of Madrid’s City Hall, José Antonio Díaz Lázaro-Carrasco.
- Technical Advisor to the Sub-Directorate General of Energy Planning of the Ministry of Energy, Tourism, and Digital Agenda (MINETAD, for its Spanish original), Víctor Marcos Morell.
- General Director of the Environment for the Community of Madrid, Diego Sanjuanbenito Bonal.
- General Director of Climate Change and Environmental Quality for the Valencian Community, Joan Piquer Huerga.
- Sub-Directorate General of Waste for the MAPAMA, Paloma López Izquierdo.
- Sub-Directorate General of Actions Against Climate Change for the Spanish Climate Change Office of the MAPAMA, Eduardo González Fernández.
- General Director of the Valdemingómez Technology Park, Miguel Angel Baquedano Maestre.
- Technical Director of Environmental Services for Fuenlabrada’s City Hall, Ricardo Luis Izquierdo Escribano.
- Representatives from the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FEMP, for its Spanish original), Presidents of associations such as the Foro de Generadores de Energía de Residuos (Waste Energy Producer’s Forum), AEVERSU, PlasticsEurope, and representatives from sector companies such as FCC, Valoriza, Hera Holding, Ferrovial Servicios, and Urbaser.
- Closing the event was Sub-Directorate General of Industrial Energy and Mines from the Community of Madrid, José Antonio González Martínez, together with the Director of the Higher Technical School of Industrial Engineers, Emilio Mínguez Torres.
The 1st Forum on Waste Energy Use (I FAER)
The main objective of the 1st Forum on Waste Energy Use (I FAER, for its Spanish original) was to analyse and debate the current situation in Spain in terms of waste management according to European regulations, the role its energy use plays in the Circular Economy, and the technological potential of decarbonising the economy and fulfilling emissions reduction commitments, and with the School’s event hall at full capacity, this goal was met.
URBASER participated as an organiser, moderator at one of the discussion panels, and sponsor.